- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
Top 10 Reasons to Attend the Corcoran College of Art + Design
1. Intimate Classes: Our faculty-student ratio is low, and students receive one-on-one instruction.
2. Personal Attention: Classes at the Corcoran are taught by the faculty—leading figures in their fields—not by graduate students.
3. Incredible Internship and Career Opportunities: Recent internship and career placements include Smithsonian Institution museums, National Geographic Magazine, Apple, the Kennedy Center, MTV, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and U.S. News and World Report. More information.
4. The D.C. Advantage: The nation’s capital is a city where leading minds and influential organizations work, play, and mingle. The unrivaled Washington, D.C., cultural landscape boasts not only world-class museums and concert halls but a thriving gallery and club scene to nourish artistic spirits of all kinds.
5. Stand-out Programs: While the Corcoran has always been known for its high-quality, well-rounded education, certain programs stand out. Among these are Photography, Photojournalism, and Interior Design.
6. The Corcoran Gallery: Which other school gives you the opportunity to display your work in a world-class museum visited by tens of thousands of people every year? We connect students to employers or art collectors at the student exhibition, NEXT at the Corcoran.
7. An Affordable Art Education: In addition to making the process of determining how to fund your education as easy as possible, we offer a comprehensive merit scholarship and need-based financial aid program. More information. Tuition frozen for the 2013-14 school year!
8. Unparalleled Range of Courses to Choose From: The Corcoran participates in a reciprocal consortium with 12 other universities and colleges in and around D.C. You can take classes at Georgetown University, American University, George Washington University, and University of Maryland, to name a few.
9. Study Abroad & Visiting Semester Opportunities: The College is known for its summer study abroad opportunities. The Mobility Program provides an opportunity for you to study for one semester during your junior year at another art college. More information.
10. Big plans for the Future: The College is expanding, and our students have the opportunity to be part of the excitement. New majors, new facilities, and a dynamic environment make the Corcoran an exciting place to be right now.
photo: Denny Henry