The Corcoran College of Art and Design accepts applications for the fall, spring, and summer semesters on a rolling basis.
Spring semester: November 1
Fall semester: March 1
In assembling a student body of diverse educational, cultural, and interest backgrounds, the admissions committee reviews the academic qualifications as well as the art and design ability of each student. Admission to graduate programs is competitive and based upon an evaluation of the following:
- Completed online application form with nonrefundable $75 application fee
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Written personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (three for the art education and teaching programs)
- Writing sample (for the Art Education, Teaching, and New Media Photojournalism programs only)
- Portfolio (required for Art and the Book, Art Education, and New Media Photojournalism programs, optional for Exhibition Design and Interior Design programs)
- Interview with department chair
- In general, a minimum undergraduate or graduate grade point average of 3.0.
Complete your application online at here.
Supporting documents may be emailed as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
CORCORAN COLLEGE OF ART +DESIGN
OFFICE OF GRADUATE ADMISSIONS
1801 35TH STREET NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20007
Questions regarding the admissions process and application requirements should be directed to the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 202-298-2549.
To request more information about our graduate degree programs, please see our online inquiry form.