Admissions Counselor at Corcoran College of Art + Design
Office of Admissions at Corcoran College of Art and Design
The Admissions Counselor is a member of the Enrollment team and reports to the Senior Director of Admissions and Financial Aid. The Counselor participates in the execution of recruitment activities including successful management of an assigned territory. Activities include representing the college at high schools and college/portfolio fairs, conducting on campus interviews and tours, reviewing portfolios of art work, and timely processing of applications. Requires independent travel in the region and nationally. Some weekend and evening work required. Minimum Bachelor’s degree in art-related field required. BFA or Master’s degree preferred. Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and ability to lift heavy boxes are necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shares the College’s admissions requirements, academic programs and degrees with prospective students and their families
- Presents to groups including giving electronic presentations to the public and high school/college classes and teachers/counselors.
- Conducts proactive communication with inquiries, applicants and teachers in assigned territory
- Organizes and successfully executes recruitment travel
- Represents the institution at high school and community college fairs
- Reviews student portfolios on and off-site
- Executes follow-up outreach to inquiry pool (mail, phone, electronic)
- Participates in special events including open houses and National Portfolio Day
- Conducts tours of the college to groups and individuals
- Utilizes the database to track and process assigned inquiry and applicant pool
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in art-related field required. BFA or Masters preferred.
- Prior employment experience in recruitment, higher education, or marketing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectiveness in developing strong relationships with a variety of constituencies through outreach and follow-up
- Enthusiastic, professional, responsible and well-organized
- Microsoft Office and data base experience desired
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and ability to lift heavy boxes
Please send a cover letter and résumé with at least three references to:
(Please include Name – Position Title in subject line for online submissions)
Human Resources Department
500 Seventeenth Street NW
Washington, DC 20006