- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
APPLY NOW! 2013 – 2015 Touchstone Youth Member Fellowship
January 25, 2013
The Touchstone Foundation for the Arts (TFA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educational and charitable purposes. TFA creates opportunities for young emerging artists in the Washington DC metro area to develop professionally by awarding a two-year Touchstone Gallery Youth Member Fellowship to an artist between the ages of 21 and 29 years of age. Touchstone is an artist-owned gallery established in 1976 and located at 901 New York Ave NW in the Mt. Vernon Square area of downtown DC.
Open Call for Applications:
Begins January 20, 2013 –- Deadline: March 15, 2013
Touchstone Foundation for the Arts encourages all interested artists in the Washington DC metro area between ages 21 and 29 to apply for this two-year Touchstone Gallery Member Fellowship. Youth Member Description here
- Two-year membership in Touchstone Gallery, including a solo exhibit at the end of the two years, a $4800 value
- Exhibition of at least one piece of work in monthly gallery group shows and in the annual Extended Member Show.
- Use of bin space for storage of two pieces to be presented to potential buyers who express interest in the artist’s work.
- Opportunity to participate in other exhibition opportunities arranged by the gallery, e.g., exchange shows, off-site shows, etc.
- Representation on Touchstone Gallery’s web site and maintenance of a promotional notebook in the gallery.
- Mentoring by Touchstone members on the business of being an artist.
- Staffs the Gallery one day a month; follows staffing task guidelines.
- Participates actively on one committee and fulfills work requirements as determined by the director.
- Attends and votes at bi-monthly gallery meetings.
- Meets regularly with one or more Touchstone mentors.
- Develops a body of work so as to mount a solo exhibit at the end of two years; participates in two preparatory critiques.
All applicants must submit the application on a CD on or before the stipulated deadline. The application includes:
1. A cover letter
2. A completed Application Form:this form is downloadable as a PDF file here.
3. A resume/CV including contact information for two references.
4. 7-10 images of your work created in the last two years (in JPEG or PDF), complete with a list of works, including title, media, dimensions and year executed.
5. An artist statement
Applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2013. For questions about the TFA Youth Member Fellowship, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org