Call for Entries at Focal Point
Fine Art and Creative Photography
The Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) invites all artists residing in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico to enter its open-juried all photography competition. Any original work created in any form of photography, following exhibition guidlines, will be considered. Exhibiting concurrently is the juried work of the Chesapeake Sculptors. Works selected will be one exhibit in the MFA’s Circle Gallery, 18 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland
from May 25 through June 17, 2012. The Corcoran's very own Margaret Adams will be juring the exhibition!
Margaret Adams received a BFA in Photography in 2001 from Corcoran College of Art + Design. She then received her MFA in Photography from Temple University. In 2008, Margaret was awarded “Best Fine Art Photographer” at FotoWeek DC. In addition to being a freelance photographer, she is Assistant Professor and Technology Coordinator at the Corcoran College of Art + Design and part time faculty at Maryland Institute College of Art.
Focal Point may be entered by uploading JPEG images through our on-line entry system. Go to www.mdfed art.org for details.
• Selection: 1. Selections for exhibition are made by the juror from JPEG images. 2. Final acceptance is made by juror from delivered work. 3. Awards are designated by the juror.
• Entries: Maximum dimensions of entry, including the outside edge of frame, cannot exceed 72” in height, width or depth. Please measure prior to entry.
• All work must be signed by the artist and priced for sale or marked POR (price on request). Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
• Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, as allowed. The longest pixel dimension of the image should be about 2000 pixels.
• Entry Fees: A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered. 1 or 2 entries $35 (MFA members $20). Additional four entries $5 each. Entry fees are non-refundable. Membership may be made during entry process. Artwork
must arrive on or before scheduled dates.
Cash awards total $1000. Award contributers and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog. The following catagories will be considered for awards by the juror. Work must have originated with digital or film images shot by the artist.
3. Creative (includes manual manipulation, mixed medium, 3-D; you are limited only by imagination and tools). Notification Artist notification is sent by email with delivery instructions included for exhibiting artists. Please set your spam filter to recognize this email notification, and/or contact MFA if you have not received notice.
For more information and exhibition details, please click here.