Call for Submissions
Renaissance M Street Hotel And the Corcoran College of Art + Design
Call for Submissions
The Renaissance M Street Hotel, one of the Corcoran’s hotel partners, is seeking 2-dimensional, student artwork to be exhibited in the hotel’s main lounge/lobby area. Located at M Street and New Hampshire Avenue in Dupont Circle, the hotel is frequented by thousands of visitors each month.
The Corcoran/Marriott partnership involves rotating exhibitions of Corcoran student artwork in an effort to showcase local artistic talent while adding to the aesthetic of the space. Each exhibition opening will launch with a reception. The hotel will host artists, Corcoran representatives, and members of the DC arts community, including collectors and press. This is an excellent opportunity for exposure, as well as a chance to network and create a client base.
This opportunityis open to all students of The Corcoran College of Art + Design. Only 2-dimensional works will be accepted, and all works must be framed and installation-ready. Works must be completed within the last 3 years. Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 works. If selected, students must be able to drop off their work at the Renaissance M Street Hotel on October 26, 2011 for installation, and pick up the work at the end of the exhibition.
- Deadline for submissions: October 14, 2011
- Notification of selections: October 21, 2011
- Receiving of work: October 26, 2011
- Exhibition dates: October 28, 2011 – March 2012
- Opening reception: October 28, 2011
**Please note that all dates are subject to change.
- Email your images and their object information— title, medium, year, and dimensions.
- To: email@example.com Subject: Submissions – Renaissance
- You may submit up to five images as JPEGS (resolution72 dpi), not to exceed one megabyte. Diptych, triptych, and works in a series will be accepted and may be considered one submission.
- All artwork must be 2-dimensional and no larger than 3 x 5 feet.
- Please be specific with the medium; for example, do not write “mixed media” or “painting”. Identify exactly what materials you used to create your piece, for example “monoprint, graphite, ink on paper” or “acrylic on canvas”.
- Label images as follows:
i.e. Doe_Jane_untitled_30x42_Oil on Canvas_jpg
We will submit a CD of images to the hotel for selection and notify you if your work is chosen. The lender agreement forms will be forwarded to you to look over as soon as the selection is finalized. Marriott does not employ a liability policy for artwork on loan; participating artists will be displaying work at their own risk. The hotel will take measures to ensure the safety of the art, by staffing a 24-hour security guard in immediate vicinity of the lobby.
For more information contact Julie Butash, College Exhibitions, firstname.lastname@example.org.