- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
Call for Submissions: PUT A CORC IN IT!
October 9, 2012
Renaissance DUPONT Hotel And the Corcoran College of Art + Design
The Renaissance Dupont Hotel, one of the Corcoran’s hotel partners, is seeking student artwork to be exhibited in the hotel’s main lounge/lobby area this spring. Located at M Street and New Hampshire Avenue in Dupont Circle, the hotel is frequented by thousands of visitors each month.
The Corcoran/Marriott partnership involves rotating exhibitions of Corcoran student artwork in an effort to showcase local artistic talent while adding to the aesthetic of the space.Put a CORC in It! will open in mid-November, with installation starting the week of November 12th. Exhibition and reception dates will be announced at a later date. Following installation, we will celebrate with an opening with members of the D.C. arts community and press, as well as your family, friends, and instructors. This is a great opportunity to help build your client base and receive exposure.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Friday, October 12, 2012
to submit go to webform listed below: http://www.corcoran.edu/content/call-entries
- Fill out all the fields within the webform.
- You have to fill out a separate form for each image you are submitting.
- You may submit up to five images as JPEGS. Diptych, triptych, and works in a series will be accepted and may be considered as one submission.
- All artwork must be 2-dimensional and no larger than 3 x 5 feet.
- Label images as follows:
i.e. Doe_Jane_untitled_30x42_Oil on Canvas_jpg
- Deadline for submissions: Friday, October 12, 2012
- Notification: By Friday, November 2, 2012
- Installation: Wednesday, November 14, 2012
- Reception: TBA
Participating artists will be displaying work at their own risk. The hotel will take measures to ensure the safety of the art, by staffing a 24-hour security guard in immediate vicinity of the lobby. For specific submission queries contact College Exhibitions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-639-1856.