- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
Design Intern for The Washington Center
November 24, 2009
POSITION TITLE: Design Intern
REPORTS TO: Graphic Designer and Communications Manager
DEPARTMENT: External Affairs
LAST REVISED: June 2008
The Design intern will work with the Graphic Designer and the Communications manager to maintain the visual identity of The Washington Center through the design and layout of print, web and promotional materials.
- Assist the Communications Manager and the in-house Graphic Designer with the production and design of the organization’s printed materials, including but not limited to program/seminar identities, brochures, announcements, posters, promotional materials, etc.
- Help with project related tasks like scanning images, printing materials, attending to vendors and clients, and updating design files.
- Provide administrative office support, including file and database management, and other office-related tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Students working towards their Bachelor’s in graphic design. Recent graduates.
- Ability to work in PC and Mac platforms.
- Knowledge of QuarkxPress, Adobe CS3 and Macromedia software packages. Flash software knowledge is desired but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Manage multiple long and short-term projects, from start to finish, simultaneously.
- Balance competing priorities and requirements of several projects each week.
- Understand the importance of deadlines and time-sensitive projects. Prioritize projects accordingly.
- Seek information from supervisor and/or clients if questions arise while working on projects.
- Provide rationale behind design proposals and concepts. Present ideas clearly and speak in a business-like manner when presenting graphic design concepts to supervisors and/or clients.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and solves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; uses reason even when dealing with stressful situations.
- Development - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; strives to continuously build knowledge and; shares expertise with others.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality- deadline driven.
- Dependability- Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Attitude - Demonstrates good attitude towards work and projects.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; remains open to others’ ideas and viewpoints; invites and provides feedback as needed.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed. Expresses opinion to improve processes and projects.
- Approaches the workplace as a continual classroom from which to learn and accomplishes continuous learning for continued productivity and learning.
- Strong conceptual thinking
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB, which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly, associated with this position.
- Personal computer, job-related software and printer.
- Standard office equipment including telephone system and photocopier/printer/scanner.
Please contact Rebeca Lamadrid: email@example.com