Fresh Brand for Clean Water: Public contest for new DC WASA logo
DC WASA and WVSA ARTs connection are co-sponsoring a public art contest to rebrand the Authority. The contest offers a $2,000 cash prize for the winning entry. Entrants may create a trade name, a logo, a tagline or some combination of the three. The trade name must contain only words, or parts of words, included in "District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority" because the Authority is not changing its legal name. Complete guidelines for the contest follow below.
"Today, we have embarked on a new course emphasizing water quality, environmental stewardship and a meaningful relationship with our customers," said DC WASA General Manager George S. Hawkins. "We seek the creativity of our friends and neighbors that can capture a new brand with some new energy." With the WVSA ARTs connection as a partner, we're hoping for a large response from a number of amateur and professional artists," Mr. Hawkins added. "We also want the community to have fun with this."
Logo Contest Guidelines
- By entering into this competition, you are giving the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC WASA) an exclusive license to use and modify all or part of your entry in perpetuity at no charge. You also acknowledge and agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- Entrants may create a trade name, a logo, a tagline or some combination of the three.
- The trade name must contain only words, or parts of words, included in "District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority" because the Authority is not changing its legal name.
- The tagline must be no longer than ten words.
- Entries are to be submitted electronically, to email@example.com, no later than 6 p.m. Friday, February 26, 2010.
- Logos should be created as scalable vector graphics.
- The image must be resizable with no halftones or gradients.
- The image must have no more than three spot colors.
- The image must be adaptable to many backgrounds of different colors, and to being printed on many different types of materials.
- The image should be saved in JPEG format and no larger than 1 megabyte. DC WASA will contact the winner for an EPS file.
- Employees of the Office of Public Affairs and executive management of the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority, and members of their households, are ineligible to enter.
- The Authority will accept only one entry per person.
- The winning entry will receive a $2,000 cash prize.
- The District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority reserves the right to change any entry and announce that the final product was inspired by the winning entry.
- By accepting the prize, the winner will agree to appear at a press conference announcing the new logo and brand, and allow the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority to use his or her likeness for promotional purposes.