- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
Help Desk Technician
September 7, 2012
This position is a member of the Information Technology Department (ITD) help desk, Corcoran Gallery of Art & College of Art. The position is responsible for supporting the Gallery and College staff and student on the day-to-day technical support to end users including applications installation and IT hardware & software, email and telephone services. Duties include responding to trouble calls, troubleshooting issues with desktop systems, monitoring PC hardware performance, resolving software and hardware, email issues, and supporting, PDA, network printers and plotters. Setup, install and configure/image Dell and Mac workstations MAC Pro, MS and Apples software configuration and customization. Duties may include, but are not limited to preparing and/or providing user training on how to better use of MS applications, such as, Excel, PowerPoint, Exchange email and hardware. As required, provide technical advice to user and IT staff.
Perform other duty as assigned by the Director and/or by the senior or lead staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users.
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
- Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, MS applications suite 2003, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Maintain, install, configure and customize classroom Macs machines; G5, Minis and/or Notebook hardware/software to support each classroom.
- Maintain, install, and configure various printers, printing queues, password in the Campus that supports various students printing, on large and small printing format.
- Maintain, install, configure, and customize Museum Gallery and College staff’s Mac and Dell computers on the Windows connecting to Active Directory environment, such as, hardware, email, and MS applications.
- College Degree in information technology preferred, but an equivalent combination of education and work experience would be acceptable
- Knowledge in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite CS3 or CS4, MS Windows XP, P2 and Office Suite 2007 applications, Exchange/Outlook
- Experience and/or knowledge on Apples machine hardware /software would be helpful, but not required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service/customer relationship skills
- Excellent attention to detail on all aspects of service in order to exceed users expectations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with fellow team members
If you would like to apply, please contact Elizabeth Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org.