Interactive Designer Position at TravelCLICK
|Position Title:||Interactive Designer||
|Reports To (Position Title):||Creative Director|
The Interactive Designer will develop compelling website designs that effectively convey unique brand experiences and maximize online bookings/sales. We are looking for a design “rockstar” to develop and execute award-winning creative from conception through design approval. This role will require an ability to translate business needs into actionable creative solutions that make use of web design best practices to drive consumer behavior. Exceptional web/graphic design skills and client presentation skills are required, as well as an advanced knowledge of Flash and action scripting. Working knowledge of After Effects, video editing software, UX best practices, mobile platform and/or search engine optimization are a plus. Experience designing for a content management system is ideal.
- Concepts and designs innovative website structures and graphical assets that convey unique brand experiences in a way that meets business objectives and drives online bookings
- Delivers top-notch creative solutions that can be implemented within a content management system, and pushes the boundaries of what a CMS is capable of from a design perspective
- Ensures all work incorporates defined requirements and employs best practices in creative execution and user experience design
- Presents creative concepts internally to the creative director and other key stakeholders, as well as externally to clients
- Collaborates with implementation managers, copywriters and production designers to ensure creative alignment and a smooth transfer of work between teams
- Ensures all timelines and deadlines are met. Keeps implementation managers and creative managers informed of project status, and proactively brings issues/problems to their attention
- Adheres to defined creative workflow and contributes to the evolution of our overall creative process
- Provides quality assurance on all creative deliverables. Ensures all files (and associated content) are accurate and accessible on the creative server
- Participates in kick-off meetings, design reviews, department meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Keeps up to date on design and technology trends to ensure work remains fresh and relevant
- Gains a solid understanding of online hospitality marketing and of TravelCLICK’s products and services
- An online portfolio demonstrating advanced web design and layout skills
- Advanced knowledge of digital design tools, including CS4 Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash (including action scripting) and Dreamweaver
- Experience with HTML, CSS and content management systems
- Working knowledge of After Effects, video editing software, UX design, mobile platform design and/or SEO is a plus
- Ability to quickly familiarize with brand goals and integrate brand experience into designs
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to generate, articulate and present creative ideas and strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm, and motivate strategic thinking
- 5 years of related experience (agency experience is a plus); Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/electronic media preferred
- Ability to design on a PC and Mac
The salary range we are offering is between $35,000-$40,000 and the position is in Baltimore, Maryland so there would be extra relocation compensation involved.
Please email email@example.com . Please note that we will only consider designers who have an online portfolio we can view before interviewing.