New database available through Corcoran Library
The Corcoran Library is pleased to announce the addition of a new database to our resources:
Rhizome.org – an online resource for Internet and New Media art
Rhizome is the leading organization for Internet and New Media art. Rhizome supports artists working at the furthest reaches of technological experimentation as well as those responding to the broader aesthetic and political implications of new tools and media.
- ArtBase - an online archive of new media art
- Artist statements and biographies
- Curate your own online exhibitions using works from ArtBase
- Discussions, reviews, interviews, and announcements
- Rhizome’s blog and weekly e-newsletter Rhizome News
- Historical insight and links to archival resources
- An annual Commissions program
- A Calendar listing new media arts events worldwide, such as festivals, workshops, exhibitions, performances, etc.,
- An Opportunities page which includes jobs, grants, residencies, and calls for participation and work.
Full access to Rhizome.org is available through the Library’s website: http://www.corcoran.edu/library/research_databases.php. No login is required while you are on the Downtown or Georgetown campuses, although you may create a personal account to take full advantage of Rhizome.org’s interactive community features. Off-campus access is available if you create a login with an @corcoran.edu e-mail address. Please do not hesitate to contact the Library if you have any questions about how to access or navigate Rhizome.org.