- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
Opening at International Spy Museum
February 17, 2010
Position Title: Associate Graphics Designer
Position Summary: Responsible for management of a variety of projects primarily involved in electronic communication, social media, web site design and development, to include web content and messaging directed to markets, members, and the general public. This includes overall navigation flow, design, and layout of specific pages. Responsibilities also include the design, development, and maintenance of the user interface and maintenance of e-blast schedule. All output must keep with the brand and design standards of the Museum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in development and implementation of social media, e-marketing procedures and addition of files to the Electronic Document System (EDS), electronic central files; including preparation of document formats, categorization of documents, etc.
- Design development and html coding of website initiatives including the Museum’s website and e-mail blasts
- Support the continuing evolution of the web sites through the planning and execution of all updates to content, design and front-end development objectives.
- Maintain accuracy of web site information and navigation in accordance to needs and keeping with the Museum’s brand and design standards.
- Develop and archive content for the web site in accordance to needs of members and staff, to include webinars, web surveys, etc.
- Demonstrate constant improvement of content throughout the web site with the use of video, new technology, writing, messaging, etc.
- Develop and use analytics to improve navigation and assist members and employees in meeting their web needs.
- Design and coordinate assigned print graphic design and signage projects including production of special event signage and programs for Communications and Sales events
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong and demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with an ability to produce effective communications materials, including the ability to distill complex and/or technical information into concise, influential external communications using a variety of communication vehicles.
- Strong project management skills working with consultants.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, evaluative and constructive thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Assume a pro-active role in creative strategizing for marketing as an overall benefit to the Museum
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Bachelors' degree preferably in graphic design program.
- 1-2 years of experience in e-marketing and maintaining web sites with content management system, including information architecture, page layout and design, graphics, HTML, web statistics, and indexing/taxonomy development. Expert in Adobe Creative Suite CS4 including: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat. Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products.
For consideration and to apply send resume and cover letter with salary requirements via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate Graphics Designer in the subject line or fax to 202.393.7797