- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
Opening for a New Media Specialist
February 18, 2010
New Media Specialist
Join our energetic, passionate team at the National Park Foundation, the official charitable partner of America’s National Parks, as we help preserve our country’s most iconic and treasured places, and strengthen the connection between the American people to their national parks.
Key Responsibilities: New Media Specialist
As our New Media Specialist you will work creatively with multiple groups to coordinate online visibility for the National Park Foundation and all of its programs, as well as creating new and compelling opportunities for the Foundation’s online audience.
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively with external and internal constituencies and partners to manage online projects and deliver successful results in a timely manner
- Manage day-to-day operations of current NPF online properties and networks -- spanning high-profile Web sites, communities, program micro-sites and social media
- Manage day-to-day social media outreach with sustained communications strategies
- Identify and implement online marketing opportunities, support online fundraising and outreach objectives, and work closely with the communications and marketing team on implementing the Foundation’s messaging, programs, and events
- Create and develop innovative new opportunities, tools and features to engage the Foundation’s online audience, as well as stay abreast of new media trends and strategies.
- Provide positive impact on internal and external relationships
Essential Experience, Skills and Competencies of the New Media Specialist
We will want you to demonstrate that you are well-versed in digital marketing and user experience design, website architecture and development. In addition, you will show that you are eager, creative and detail oriented. In particular, you will have this knowledge and experience:
- Social Networking: Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube.
- Online Marketing/SEO: Google Ads, Digg, Stumbleupon.
- Metrics: Webtrends, Google Analytics, Quantcast.
- Design: Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and on a deadline.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Excellent communications skills – written and visual.
- Graphic Design experience--highly desirable.
- At least one year in interactive marketing and design experience
- A four-year degree in a related field or degree plus successful experience in on-line marketing is required for consideration.
In 1872 America did something unprecedented in the world. We set aside more than one million acres of wilderness for the benefit and enjoyment of the American people. It was called “America’s best idea" by historian and writer Wallace Stegner, and was the focus of Ken Burns’ most recent film. Proclaiming Yellowstone our first national park marked the beginning of a public movement for conservation and preservation that endures today and led to the establishment of nearly 400 national park sites.
For more than 100 years, citizen involvement and private philanthropy have helped to improve, preserve and protect America’s National Parks. The National Park Foundation has sustained this legacy of private philanthropy for almost forty years without federal appropriations. We are a small organization with a big mandate. Chartered by Congress as the only national charitable partner of America’s National Parks, our mission is to strengthen the enduring connection between the American people and their National Parks by raising private funds, making strategic grants, creating innovative partnerships and increasing public awareness.
Working at the National Park Foundation, you will be at the intersection of powerful trends in our society: more Americans are discovering and supporting their parks than ever before; corporate stewards are embracing and advancing causes that are “green" and that are linked to our American heritage; and across the nation there is a renewed focus on public service, education, health and fitness, and environmental awareness.
The National Park Foundation’s work is as diverse as it is compelling. We produce and sponsor premier community-focused annual events, such as the White House Easter Egg Roll and the National Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony in President’s Park. We also create youth programs like First Bloom, Junior Rangers and Parks Climate Challenge. In this highly collaborative role, you will work closely with your colleagues across departments as you manage the day-to-day operations of the Foundation’s online and social media properties.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- You, and your work, are important to us. Communicating about the parks, and fundraising to support them, is at the very center of our mission. You have the opportunity to introduce our national parks to new audiences by developing highly visible online and social media initiatives that support the efforts of the entire organization.
- You will like who you work with - passionate and committed colleagues who are building an open, collaborative, high-growth culture, where innovation and new ideas are welcomed.
- Your work has a lasting impact. You will make a direct and immediate impact on conservation, culture, preservation, recreation, education, stewardship, and volunteerism – preserving our national parks for centuries to come.
- You will enjoy a great downtown location, a competitive salary and a competitive benefits package.
To Apply for the New Media Specialist Position
Send a Word version of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title, New Media Specialist, in the Subject line of the email.
Or mail a copy of your resume to
Human Resource Department
National Park Foundation
Suite 550 B
1201 Eye Street NW
Washington DC 20005