Part-Time Exhibitions Assistant Opening
PART-TIME EXHIBITIONS ASSISTANT
Independent Curators International announces the opening of an administrative, part-time position in its exhibitions department.
The Exhibitions Assistant will assist with all aspects of the exhibition program. Among a variety of clerical tasks, the Exhibitions Assistant will be asked to:
• Collaborate with and assist Exhibitions Manager in overall marketing effort to organize exhibition tours, including formulation of marketing plan, assisting in the preparation of formal proposals, researching potential venues, maintaining well-organized and accurate documentation of marketing histories
• Upon confirmation of venue participation, prepare presentation contract, and provide information on exhibitions, including checklists, technical requirements, wall texts, object labels, and additional information as needed
• Prepare and monitor loan forms and loan extensions
• Collect and maintain accurate information for checklists, itineraries, project descriptions and text panels
• Collect and/or organize visuals for exhibition publicity and catalogues
• Assist on the coordination and production of exhibition catalogues, delivery of catalogue from printer to ICI, and distribution of complimentary copies to venues, artists and lenders, etc.
• Arrange photography of art works when necessary
• Prepare and send closing letters and packets at the end of exhibition tours
• Assist in coordinating the production of art works, when necessary
• Assist with the arrangement of crating, shipping, storage, and framing of works borrowed for exhibitions
• Help prepare and monitor condition reports
• Assist with the preparation of installation instructions
Position reports to Exhibitions Manager
B.A. in Art History or Arts Administration; one year professional experience in exhibition preparation; strong interest in contemporary art; well-organized, self-motivated individual with attention to detail and ability to handle many projects at once. Excellent writing and communication skills are a must. This is an excellent opportunity for an independent curator or a highly motivated individual who is either currently enrolled in or who has recently completed a graduate program.
2 full days per week, 10:00 to 6:00; The position will begin January 4, 2011
Please submit resume with cover letter, by email or mail, to:
Frances Wu Giarratano
Exhibitions Manager, ICI
799 Broadway, Suite 205
New York, NY 10003