- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
Senior Graphic Design Opening
June 28, 2010
Barton Cotton, one the nonprofit sector’s most rapidly growing fundraising firms, is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to help support the efforts of their Fundraising Division. For the past 82 years, Barton Cotton has proudly served over 150 high-profile, nonprofit organizations. With full-service capabilities including strategy, analytics, creative, affinity marketing, and production services, the company’s business approach to fundraising has helped nonprofits increase their revenue and net income while growing their donor base.
As part of the Barton Cotton Fundraising Creative team, the Senior Graphic Designer works with the creative team, account director and key stakeholders to produce accurate and high quality direct marketing projects for clients in the non profit sector. Familiarity with the entire design process, from conception to production, is very important.
A successful candidate will be proactive, communicate effectively, show attention to detail, have awareness of current trends in the visual arts and design software, and have an understanding of production costs and time management. A designer may be assigned to multiple projects under tight deadlines, so clear organization and time management are critical.
- Design and create graphic materials for direct mail as directed by the Creative Director
- Prepare conceptual mock-ups of proposed work for client approval.
- Create, modify and follow print specifications for direct mail jobs.
- Assure that client artwork is delivered to specification, on time and within budget.
- Understand how design of direct mail can influence package performance.
- Stay current on direct mail and postal design requirements to insure successful direct mail response.
- Stay current with internet and software technologies used for creative work.
- Maintain accurate project and client files.
Proficiency with Quark 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 3; specifically, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and Mac OSX.
Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
Understanding of direct mail principles and practices, as demonstrated in portfolio work.
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in graphic arts field and 2 - 5 years of design and agency experience, preferably in direct mail. Salary commensurate with experience.
If interested, please send your resume and portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barton Cotton is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic by state or local law.