- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
Student Lounge Technician
September 7, 2012
This position is a member of the Information Technology Department (ITD) help desk, Corcoran Gallery of Art & College of Art. The position is responsible for supporting the College students in the Student Lounge with technical support to end users including computer maintenance, print assistance, and general troubleshooting. Duties include troubleshooting issues with desktop systems, monitoring PC hardware performance, maintaining the student lounge printers, and replacing broken equipment. Duties may include, but are not limited to preparing and/or providing user training on use of the student lounge computers and printers. As required, provide technical advice to user and IT staff.
Perform other duty as assigned by the Director and/or by the senior or lead staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users.
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person.
- Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, MS applications suite 2003, and operating systems.
- Maintain, install, configure and customize student lounge Mac machines.
- Maintain student lounge printer and network connection to printer.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CS3 or CS4, MS Windows XP, P2 and Office Suite 2007 applications.
- Experience and/or knowledge on Apples machine hardware /software
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service/customer relationship skills
- Excellent attention to detail on all aspects of service in order to exceed users expectations
If you would like to apply for this job, please email Elizabeth Simpson at email@example.com.