- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
October 4, 2013
Fahrenheit IT is actively seeking an Interface (UI) Engineer to
support our client located in Reston, VA.
The User Interface Engineer II is a member of the UI development
team who is responsible for developing and maintaining user
interface code for different web applications. As a Software
Engineer responsible for UI development with a thorough knowledge
members, participate in peer code reviews, follow coding
standards and work with other team members to maintain a highly
efficient and effective team.
The candidate will interact closely with other team members
across various organizations to shape, identify, prioritize, and
realize project requirements for production environments.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills
and a collaborative team spirit; will have comprehensive
knowledge of Web development practices, standards, and proven
ability to integrate with large scale back-end systems; will have
a track record of delivering front-end components for complex web
Roles & Responsibilities
• Build, test, deploy, and maintains front-end code for web
pages and applications in Drupal 6.x and 7.x using PHP, HTML5,
• Work with MySQL databases managed on the Acquia platform.
• Give accurate estimates for completing development or
• Participate in project planning and estimating.
• Work tightly with other members of the cross-functional
• Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years working experience in
the web UI development field.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Web Development using core UI
on a whiteboard or a simple text editor, without the assistance
of an IDE or a reference tool
programming language, related optimization techniques, and design
• Experience with large enterprise software projects, from
conception to delivery.
• Strong customer service orientation, with an ability to
clearly discern client needs.
• Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities
simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.
• Thorough understanding of Web Accessibility.
• Working experience with CSS frameworks such as Foundation,
Bootstrap, or Skeleton.
• Evidence of creating web sites from scratch with Drupal (6.x
and 7.x) CMS is a plus.
• PHP experience is a plus.
• Mobile development experience is a plus.
• Thorough understanding of responsive design is a plus.
• Demonstrated critical thinking - including abilities in
analysis and problem solving
• Experienced in “Systems Thinking” – the ability to
break problems into manageable pieces, and to see how the pieces
interact with one another and can be assembled into an
integrated, functioning, “whole” system.
• Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
• Skillful at facilitation and negotiation
• Effective team player with strong emotional intelligence –
self-awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, and
• Ability to effectively respond to technical questions and
issues – i.e., effective in communicating complex technology
concepts to diverse (both technical and non-technical) audiences
at all levels in the organization
• Passion for technology, with an ability to understand and
assess new technologies, and their potential applicability to
business needs in an efficient, effective manner
Time Commitment: Full-time
Application Requirements: Resume
Application Deadline: 10-28-2013
How to Apply: Email
Company Name: Fahrenheit IT
Company Address: 1120 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 270
Point of Contact:
First Name: Kelly
Last Name: Sarley
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 202-627-1968