The Corcoran's Future Plans
Since April 3, 2013, when the Board of Trustees first announced A Strategic Framework for a New Corcoran, its exciting plans to exhibit parts of the National Gallery of Art's collection, and its potential partnership with the Univeristy of Maryland, Interim Director and President Peggy Loar has updated the Corcoran Community on a monthly basis about the leadership's substantial progress.
Because of its unique position as the city's only museum college, the Corcoran Gallery of Art and College of Art and Design has a bright future as a leader in contemporary art, american art, and design. Its work is now focused on creating a foundational plan to actualize that reality.
This page details how the Board and leadership of the institution have undertaken a lengthy process to build what Peggy Loar calls "the legacy and reputation of our institution by promoting the vitality and sustainability of our passion for art, design, and education."
Community Letters from Interim Director and President Peggy Loar
- Corcoran Community Engagement letter for October 2013
- Letter from September 2013
- Letter from July 2013
- Letter from June 2013
- Letter from May 2013
The Corcoran Announces Partnership Initiative with University of Maryland and Exhibition Agreement with
The National Gallery
- Press Release (April 3, 2013)
- Memorandum of Understanding between The Corcoran Trustees and the University of Maryland (April 3, 2013)
- A Strategic Framework for A New Corcoran (April 3, 2013)
Information and Resources
- Corcoran UMD FAQ November 2013
- Exploring a Sustainable Future: A Review of Our Process
- Corcoran Deed of Trust
- Federal Charter
- Policy for Deaccession and Disposal of works of art
- Procedure for Deaccession and Disposal of works of art