Theses & Dissertations
Find Corcoran College of Art + Design Theses in our Library Catalog
View CCA+D electronic versions in CANVAS
Find some full text theses and dissertations from other schools: PQDT Open
Find theses and dissertations from other schools: WorldCat Dissertations and Theses
Access note: Full text copies of non-CCA+D theses may be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
Instructions for Thesis Submission
For a graduate degree to be conferred, all students completing a thesis must submit their thesis to both the department and ProQuest/UMI Dissertation Publishing.
All MA students completing a thesis must submit a completed Corcoran Library thesis submission form and two (2) approved electronic copies on CD-R to their department. One copy will be kept by the thesis department, and one copy will be given by the department chair to the Corcoran Library. Please note that the inclusion of graduate theses in CANVAS has been temporarily suspended.
The final thesis submitted for inclusion in the library should be formatted as follows:
1) Submit as one (1) PDF file on a CD-R. Supplemental files, such as Interior Design presentations, should follow the written thesis.
2) Include all images (with proper citation).
3) Do not include blank pages. The first page should be a graphic cover or the title page.
4) Do not apply encryption or other security measures to the file or disc.
5) Clearly label the disc with your entire name, department, and graduating year.
6) Complete the Corcoran Library thesis submission form and submit it to your department chair.
ProQuest/UMI Dissertation Publishing Submission
MA students must also submit an electronic copy of their thesis to UMI Dissertation Publishing via the CCA+D UMI Electronic Theses & Dissertation (ETD) Administrator. UMI Dissertation Publishing is a comprehensive service for publishing, archiving, and disseminating graduate research. By publishing with UMI, you ensure your thesis gains the widest possible audience.
For information about preparing your manuscript, copyright issues, publishing options, and more, please see the UMI ETD Administrator Resources and Guidelines. Consult your advisor regarding any additional departmental requirements.
To begin the electronic submission process, go to the CCA+D UMI ETD Administrator site and follow the instructions.
If you have any questions or need assistance uploading your thesis, please contact Tansy Matthews (email@example.com or 202-639-1822)