- About the College
- Degree Programs
- Academic Resources
- Campuses & Student Life
- Continuing Education
- Exhibitions & Events
I. Student Gallery Access
Students will be allowed access into the Atrium of the Gallery from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays. This does not permit entrance into closed galleries or other areas where security is not present. Students should enter the Gallery through the New York Avenue entrance. Guests of students must follow general museum visitor guidelines.
ii. Gallery Membership
All degree students enrolled at the College are entitled to a free Corcoran Gallery of Art membership, which includes free admission to the Gallery, a 10 percent discount at the Corcoran Shop and Muse Café and member prices on all Corcoran programs. Permanent student IDs will act as a membership card.
iii. Visitor Guidelines and Regulations
The Corcoran is dedicated to preserving its collection as well as all traveling exhibitions, and want to ensure that all visitors have a pleasant and safe experience. Please refer to the below guidelines when planning a visit.
- Oversized bags, backpacks, and rear-facing child carriers must be left with security upon entry to the Gallery. Strollers are permitted.
- Flash photography is never permitted. Photography is not permitted in special exhibition galleries and limited in permanent collection galleries.
- Sketching is allowed in the galleries; only pencil and pads of paper small enough to be handheld.
- Sending/receiving cell phone calls is discouraged in all galleries. It is disruptive to other visitors viewing the exhibitions. Please use the Atrium area for these calls.
- Food and beverages are permitted within the Café area only. Food and beverages may not be brought inside the Gallery.
- Only service animals are permitted in the Gallery. They must be leashed at all times.
- Special needs persons (wheelchairs, walkers, heavy strollers, etc) are encouraged to make advanced arrangement for facility access by calling (202) 639-1793. It is not mandatory that you do so.
- Please check our website prior to your visit to confirm our hours of operation, exhibitions on view and any special pricing related to traveling exhibitions we may be hosting.
- Degree seeking students, faculty, and staff must wear their current Corcoran identification badges at all times when in the museum. ID’s must be worn in a visible place, to avoid questioning from museum staff and security.
iv. Obtaining Museum Vouchers
All currently enrolled Corcoran full-time degree-seeking students may request vouchers for their family for complimentary admission into the museum. To obtain them, students must have a valid Corcoran ID. Students may come to the Office of Student Affairs one week prior to use. Students can receive a limited number of vouchers per semester.
v. Public Programs
All full-time degree-seeking students are granted complimentary admission to on-site Public Program lectures and performances. Complimentary admission must be arranged in advance through the Public Programs department. A Corcoran ID must be presented at the door for admission.
Part-time degree-seeking students programs and students from other institutions may purchase tickets at the student price, which is half the cost of a public ticket.
For all on-site Public Programs lectures and performances, a total of ten standing room only spaces will be reserved for Corcoran staff, faculty, docents, and full-time Corcoran students. These spots will be delegated on a first-come, first-served basis—advance registration is therefore necessary to guarantee admission into the program. In the event that the program is not sold out, Corcoran affiliates are invited to take a seat.
Public Programs staff will make every effort to accommodate everyone interested in attending a sold-out program. Once all available tickets are purchased, and all ten standing room only spots are reserved, a program is sold out. Corcoran staff, faculty, docents, and full-time Corcoran students are asked to stand for the program so that all participants who paid for a ticket will have a seat.
On the night of a sold-out program, one half hour before it begins, the on-site coordinator will start a waiting list. Names will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Corcoran staff, faculty, docents, and full-time Corcoran students are welcome to add their name to this list, but entry cannot be guaranteed. We will try to accommodate as many people (Corcoran ID holders and public) as possible, but entry cannot be guaranteed.
If College staff or faculty members wish to secure attendance for a certain group or class, requests must be submitted to the Public Programs department two weeks in advance. Permission must be granted by the director of public education. The department will make every effort to accommodate such requests, but permission is not guaranteed. Requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Corcoran staff and faculty members who wish to bring a guest(s) to the program must purchase a ticket for their guest. Public Programs will extend the Corcoran member ticket rate to the guests of Corcoran staff and faculty.
To register, please select the 'Programs and Events' tab at www.corcoran.org, and follow instructions for registering for a student, staff, or faculty ticket. You must use your Corcoran email address during online registration to verify enrollment or employment by the Corcoran. You may also register by calling (202) 639-1770 or visiting the Public Programs office.