Visitor Tips & Guidelines
In order to enhance your visit with us, we have several guidelines to assist you in your planning process.
• Oversized bags, backpacks, and rear-facing child carriers must be left with Security upon entry to the Gallery. Strollers are permitted.
• Flash photography is never permitted; photography is not permitted in special exhibition galleries and limited in our collection galleries. These guidelines also pertain to the use of cell phone cameras.
• Sending or receiving cell phone calls is discouraged in the galleries. It is disruptive to other visitors viewing the exhibitions. Please use the Atrium area for these calls.
• Food and beverages are permitted within the Café area only. Outside food and beverages are not permitted.
• Only pets tagged and related to special needs persons are permitted in the Gallery. They must be leashed at all times.
• For information about sketching in the galleries, please contact the curatorial department at 202-639-1714.
We make every effort to keep our website up-to-date with hours of operation, exhibitions on view, holiday hours, and special programming. If you have questions or comments, please call (202) 639-1700 (press 1 and then 3 to reach Visitor Services) or e-mail email@example.com .
For Visitors with Special Needs
Visitors who use wheelchairs, walkers, heavy strollers, etc. are encouraged to use the E Street entrance between 17th and 18th Streets. If you would like to make advanced arrangement for facility access, you may call Security at (202) 639-1793.
Please note that there is no elevator access to the Rotunda Gallery.
For Members of Other Museums with Reciprocal Privileges
Please note that Reciprocal Membership privileges do apply for admission to ticketed exhibitions with membership or reciprocal card from participating museums.